Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 1/4 cups (190g) fine cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups (175g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups SANTA FE SEASONS Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1 cup (130g) corn kernels (if frozen, defrost)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces, 113g)
Preheat oven and prep baking dish:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
Make the batter:
In a large bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar. Beat the sour cream and eggs into the butter-sugar mixture.
Add the milk and the dry ingredients, a third at a time, and alternating wet/dry.
Mix in the green chiles, corn, and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes, or until top is browned, the center springs back when pressed down, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cool almost completely before serving.Shop – Santa Fe Seasons Roasted Green Chile