Micheladas have been around for decades in Mexico and have been especially popular in the Northern areas of Mexico. The Michelada stemmed from the usual practice of adding a squeeze of lime and a dash of salt to a beer. Now there are as many recipes as there are bartenders. Here is a simple recipe for this beer cocktail using Santa Fe Mixes Bloody Mary Mix.
- 1 ice cold Mexican beer (dark is better)
- coarse salt (for the rim)
- ½ cup Santa Fe Mixes Bloody Mary Mix
- 1-2 dashes of Santa Fe Chile Co. Red Chile Hot Sauce
- Beer mug or large glass (chilled if possible)
- Lime wedge for garnish
Salt the rim of the glass by wetting the edge with lime juice then dipping it into a plate with salt on it. Now fill the glass about half way with ice and pour in Bloody Mary Mix.
Mix with a spoon then slowly pour in the beer to the top of the glass. Push the lime wedge onto the edge and serve immediately. When you have a few drinks, pour the remaining beer into the cocktail.